Monday, January 31, 2011

"...please restrict your remarks to the weather"

Today's weather:

Snow Snow
Hi: -7
Low: -27

Wind Chill Advisory: In effect until 5 AM Tuesday.

What Exactly is a wind chill advisory?
  • " An advisory that "very cold air" will combine with "strong winds" to generate low wind chills.

How bad will these "WIND CHILLS" be?:
  • -20 TO -35 Today and Tonight.
How might this effect me?
  • Exposed skin can freeze in a matter of minutes at these wind chill temperatures.

What precautions can I take protect myself?
PEOPLE WITH OUTDOOR INTERESTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO:
  • Prepare for dangerous wind chills
  • Dress in layers
  • Wear a hat and gloves
What might happen if I do not take these precautionary actions?
  • Frostbite
  • Hypothermia
Tomorrow isn't quite as bad:
Partly Cloudy
Hi: -2
Low: -16
Winds will be lighter

*Information courtesy of the MSN and the National Weather Service

1 comment:

Moo said...

Brrrrrrrr. Glad it's you and not me.